Cupcakes adorned with these funny dad jokes make a great DIY gift for dad. This tutorial will show you how to make these funny little cupcake toppers using my free printable cupcake topper template.
All dads love Father’s Day. It’s a fact. But everyone knows, dads are the hardest people to buy for.
But you know what? Showing dad how much he means to you this Father’s Day doesn’t have to be hard or expensive.
DIY Father’s Day gifts are a great way to show dad how much you care, and add a little personalisation in for good measure.
These little Dad Joke DIY cupcake toppers add a special touch to your cupcakes. Each little sign features a dad joke. With the set up on one side and the punch line on the other. These cupcake toppers give everyone a giggle.
If your hunting for a Father’s Day gift this year, why not make dad some cupcakes, topped with these printable cupcake toppers for Father’s Day.
Baking is an excellent DIY gift to get the kids involved in, and as an added bonus, the activity will keep them entertained for a little while.
What you'll need
To make these easy cupcake toppers you’ll need:
- Thick printing card (I have used 300 gsm paper).
- A printer.
- Double Sided Tape.
- Printable Template
How to make these cupcake toppers
These cupcake toppers are so easy to make. You can whip them up in under an hour.
- Step 1: Print out the template onto card stock (thick paper). I have used 300 gsm paper.
- Step 2: Use scissors to cut out each circle cupcake topper.
- Step 3: Tape a skewer to the reverse side of the set up line for one joke.
- Step 4: Fix double sided tape onto the back side of the circle.
- Step 5: Affix the punchline cupcake topper to the tape.
- Step 6: Cut the skewer to size and stick it in your cupcake.
Here’s a handy video tutorial to demonstrate how to make these father’s day cupcake toppers.